We are looking for a Lead Technical Architect to come and join our fast growing startup team.
What matters to you?
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are motivated by working for a young but fast growing company with a big social ambition.
We are a HealthTech company on a mission to help older adults live with greater confidence, wellbeing and dignity, through better informed and more timely decisions by those who care for them. The data we collect, and the relationships we have with leading researchers supports our bigger purpose, finding a cure for dementia in our lifetime.
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle, you will work on the specification, architecture, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment. You will be building out our ASP.NET Core 2.0 RESTful API, whilst assisting the CTO to design our new Service Oriented Architecture that will lay the foundations for the future of the company.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and spirited team player, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Work with our Azure hosted environment
- Collaborate with the CTO to help architect a new platform for the next stage of our growth
- Collaborate with teams building both Angular and Android Native applications on top of our RESTful API
- Take the lead on requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of our software development processes
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Mentor teammates
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong C# and .NET framework knowledge
- Strong ASP.NET Core 2.0 framework knowledge and skills
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP, JSON and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL on Azure
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows (VSTS)
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills and a healthy team spirit - as our lead Technical Architect you will need to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- A self-starter that's happy working in a fast paced startup environment
Nice to have
- Working within a microservices architecture/distributed architecture
- Experience of working in a regulated environment such as HealthTech or FinTech
- Experience working with high availability software
- Experience working with big data sets
- Experience building a social platform
What’s the package?
- Base salary £40,000 with stock options and profit share
- Career development opportunities - you'll be getting in early with a young team that are growing fast
- Experience preparing a business for Series A funding
If you like the sound of our position, please email email@example.com with your CV.